1. Your agency or organization must submit proof of current 501(c)(3) status or other nonprofit status from the IRS.
2. Your agency or organization may use donated goods only as direct charitable donations to people in need.
3. Donations may not be distributed to other organizations unless they are a member of the EGBN Program.
4. Donations cannot be used for fundraisers, raffles, auctions, given to volunteers or staff members, or sold in retail stores, on websites, in flea markets, or in any other manner.
5. Only sign up for donations that you are confident you can pick up. If you schedule a pickup with a donor, you are committing to that donation.
6. UWWP has sole discretion for allocating donations, not the donor. All donation approval must go through UWWP.
7. Agency/organization representatives must be the one to contact a UWWP donor. A member’s client/customer is NEVER to be given a donor’s information. A member’s client/customer is never to go to a UWWP donor unaccompanied by a representative of the member’s agency.
8. In the case of pickups outside of UWWP’s office, the paperwork given to you to be completed upon pickup must be faxed or emailed to us immediately after the pickup.
9. Members must ensure they have appropriate transportation to accommodate the size of the donation.
10. When accepting large and/or heavy donations it is the member’s responsibility to ensure the appropriate number of capable people are available to lift and transport the items.
11. Your agency or organization consents to a site visit to be scheduled at a later date.
12. You are required to keep basic records of donations received and distributed.
13. Your agency or organization agrees to submit impact stories related to the goods received.
14. As an Essential Goods member, you are a partner with UWWP and we ask that you display our logo on your website.