If you want to donate your brains, your brawn, or a particular skill to help us forward our work in the community, we would be so grateful. Give us a call or email. We’d love to get to know you.
And if you have friends, colleagues, a group from your neighborhood or church that wants to do something together, we’d love to hear from you.
It doesn’t matter if you have a specific idea in mind or just a specific energy to want to do good. Our job is to help you figure out whether we can be a good fit with your generosity. And, if not, we’ll help you connect to an organization that is.
Some of the interesting (even cool) things volunteers have done with us in the past:
- Teach a cyber security curriculum to middle school girls.
- Create literacy book kits with the Girl Scouts for children and their parents at Head Start.
- Provide an experiential career workshop to high school girls
- Help our marketing department with social media, website updates, and graphic design.
- Help our fundraising department with…well…fundraising!
- Participate on an advisory board to help shape our programming
- Teach creative problem solving to children and their parents
- Coach students and adults to help them with debt and savings behaviors
- Participate in a ‘listening session’ – to help us get smarter about what’s going on in our communities.
- Create a ‘Born Learning Trail’ in a public park or school yard for pre-school children and their parents
- Hold a book drive, especially a dual-language book drive, for children birth to 5.
- Read books to young children
- Mentor and coach high school students on to college application, acceptance and graduation