Position: Spanish-Speaking Intake Specialist
Reports to: Chief Information and Referral Officer
Category: Full Time, Hybrid (some remote days after training period ends)
Position Description: The Intake Specialist is responsible for receiving, prioritizing, and triaging clients’ service requests using a prescribed intake process either by phone or in person. The Intake Specialist’s primary role is to assist callers in need of various human services resources.
Position Requirements: Associates degree or higher in Social Work or related field and 1-2 years of related experience.
- Experience in human services programs requiring direct client interactions, accountability, and progress reporting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent telephone etiquette and a high comfort level of communication via phone
- The ability to multi-task, set priorities, and follow up in a timely manner
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment as well as work independently and make sound decisions
- Able to meet deadlines, keep schedules, build partner agency relationships, and perform in a high-paced environment
- Proficient with computers and ability to work with multiple applications
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is required
- An ability to show compassion and maintain confidentiality to callers who may be in crisis
Essential Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manages incoming referrals of Callers who are interested in finding resources that can assist with various social needs
- Use active listening, probing, play-back and style-matching skills to evaluate each client’s needs
- Answer client questions and sort out issues relating to their identified needs
- Learn and maintain an in-depth understanding of managing specialized contracts calls
- Accurately document required information in the 211 system
- Attend required community meetings related to the program and report as necessary any updates regarding the program
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary range — $20 to $24 an hour.
Send cover letter and resume to: Cassandra Rajcumar, 336 Central Park Avenue, White Plains, NY 10606: firstname.lastname@example.org (E-mail). EOE