Reports to: Chief Impact Officer
Marketing and Communications Intern Duties and Responsibilities
- Attending United Way events, and tabling sponsored community events
- Writing articles, letters, and content for the website, social media, and electronic newsletters.
- Attending weekly meetings in person or via Zoom
- Prepping for events—printing flyers, gathering marketing tools, other tasks as needed
- Photographing events and uploading photos
- Live-tweeting/ Instagramming from events, creating content for social media in general
- Creating/ updating flyers and other marketing tools
- Updating the website
- Helping with other community projects
- Marketing, Communications, or Public Relations major, certificate or degree preferred
- Experience with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn, as well as Hootsuite, Canva, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Strong creative and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
- Driver’s License preferred, and access to reliable transportation (mileage reimbursement for work-related travel).
- Work on a wide range of projects
- Receive guidance and feedback from successful marketing professionals
- Flexible schedule for students
Submit a resume and a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.