Position Available: Teacher’s Aide
Reports to: Site Coordinator
Category: Part Time
Under general supervision, with considerable responsibility, and according to established guidelines and lesson plans, supervise an assigned group of children. Help to provide the necessary physical and emotional care and conduct developmental activities. Help to develop goals for the children, plan activities and evaluate each child’s progress.
- High school diploma or GED (at least 18 years of age)
- Ability to nurture children, plan and implement age-appropriate activities.
- Ability to learn, follow and alter (if appropriate) recurrent work routines and schedules.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Ability to take direction and work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to supervise a group of children while attending to the immediate needs of one child.
- Some experience working with children
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist and supervise children during all activities.
- Counsel children when social, academic or adjustment problems arise.
- Prepare instructional aids/materials for activities.
- Provides support to the teacher’s assistant/lead teacher to ensure a safe and stimulating educational environment.
- Ensure that site appearance, cleanliness and a safe environment are appropriately maintained.
- Assist children with meal/snack time and clean-up.
- Complete all site paperwork, such as daily notes, student accident reports, attendance records.
- Prepare and implement lesson plans, program activities, organization, and schedule.
- Accept temporary work assignments.
- Write, submit, post, and implement a weekly lesson plan.
- Ensure that all indoor and outdoor equipment is in good working condition and is used/maintained properly.
- Physically arrange the site prior to start of program day.
- Clean up site when children depart.
- Communicate appropriate information to parents.
- Implement plans based on the adopted curriculum.
- Present a professional attitude including ethical and responsible behaviors.
- Maintain knowledge of children’s intellectual, physical, emotional, social, and character development and the importance of the development of all of these.
- Convey a sense of integrity and warmth and a genuine caring for the development of each child.
- Maintain confidentiality for parents, children, staff, and management.
- Meet all state and district requirements for the position including maintaining required training hours.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
- Must be able to stoop, getting on the children’s level, and move quickly enough to protect children
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Interpret policy, procedures, and data
- Maintain emotional control under stress
The above statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and may not include all required responsibilities, duties, and skills.
To apply for the position, please send your resume and a letter of interest to Nicole Colon at firstname.lastname@example.org.