Reports to: Project Director
- To successfully incorporate the program vision, goals, and objectives into the activities of the site.
- To successfully assist in designing, developing, and managing program components that lead to positive outcomes for the participating children and their families.
- To develop and maintain a safe, supportive learning environment in which children thrive.
- To assist in developing a team that includes the principal, classroom teachers and other school-day staff; program leaders; parents; and corporate and community volunteers.
- To actively participate in staff development workshops that are designed to contribute to personal and professional growth.
- AA degree or equivalent, with course work in child development or related area and/or paid or volunteer experience with students
- Basic concepts of child development and atypical child behavior characteristics
- Appropriate human relations and student needs
- Proper English usage, spelling, grammar, and arithmetical concepts
- Routine filing, computer skills and record-keeping procedures.
- Two (2) years or more in an out-of-school time program
- Prefer previous experience as supervisor or director
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Design and implement programs designed to increase student performance in core academic areas to prepare students for success on state achievement tests.
- Coordinate all activities and meet all the needs of the program before, during and after school hours.
- Coordinate with food services to provide daily snacks to students and ensure that accurate counts are given to avoid snack overage charges.
- Attend campus team meetings and implement academic tutoring and homework time designed to support teachers and increase student academic scores.
- Meet the required state education department performance measures for student enrollment and attendance.
- Track student attendance at each afterschool activity.
- Conduct the program needs assessment and develop the program service delivery plan.
- Facilitate strategies for student assessments, student interventions, and determine the best course of action.
- Gather student and program-level data (ensuring the safety and confidentiality of student information) to include grades, attendance, behavior, referrals, student program participation, staffing, partners, etc.
- Ensure data are entered into the online tracking system within specified timelines throughout the grant period.
- Assist with instructing and supervising students.
- Recruit staff.
- Ensure that team members share the same vision and goals.
- Assist in evaluating staff performance and make recommendations for hiring, discipline, and termination.
- Assist in providing resources and tools for all team members.
- Maintain all site supplies.
- Ensure that students are well-behaved and implement discipline policy when necessary.
- Keep school staff informed about the program.
- Maintain the safety of site and students.
- Perform routine first aid and seek assistance for serious illness/injury.
- Design, facilitate, and compile teacher, student, and parent surveys.
- Assist in effectively managing site operations, including timely completion and submittal of reports.
- Develop and maintain records for health and safety protocols; conduct and document safety drills; ensure and maintain records of safe travel of students for dismissal.
- Coordinate and work with external evaluator to gather all necessary program data.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Supervise and facilitate evaluation of assistants.
Working Conditions (Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors)
- Physically and mentally able to perform the essential duties of the position without hazard to self or others
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, perform grasping and handling motions and torso rotations on a continuous basis
- Reach in all directions, lift, and carry 20 pounds of materials
- Work in classroom and outdoor environments, sometimes in adverse weather conditions
- Willingness to work on weekends when staff development or other activities such as field trips are scheduled.
The above statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and may not include all required responsibilities, duties, and skills.
To apply for the position, please send your resume and a letter of interest to Nicole Colon at firstname.lastname@example.org.