Summary of Position Responsibilities:
This part-time, no more than 20 – 25 hours a week, position supports the development department’s work in raising financial support from the community including individuals, workplace employees/donors and corporate/business entities, as well as actively fostering relationship developments, improved stewardship and strengthening the donor database and select portfolios within the community.
- Develop and maintain positive professional relations with all staff, departments, service providers, representatives, and volunteers.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as in self-directed situations with minimal day to day supervision.
- This position requires a highly organized individual, with excellent follow up skills and attention to detail, as well as the ability to plan and administer multiple concurrent projects.
- Utilize good management techniques, problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Work in a highly collaborative manner to accomplish key projects and initiatives.
- Position requires strict adherence to professional and dignified behavior, confidentiality and protection of donor information, and respectfulness whether within the workplace, other not-for-profits, or in the community.
- Always maintains professional demeanor, open mindedness, and patience.
- The candidate must be comfortable and confident working with corporate client organizations, donors and the public.
- Strong written, verbal, organizational skills, ability to prepare and lead presentations.
- Superior one-on-one interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to foster confidence and trust, listen sensitively, and respond appropriately to the needs of team members, volunteers, and both corporate and community stakeholders.
- Innovative thinker with a track record being a strategic thinker able to and create results.
- Demonstrates effective listening skills
- Proficiency with all MS Office Suite programs especially Excel.
- Experience with donor database software, applications and report production.
- Online experience commensurate with managing online portals to extract data and financial reports
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience required.
- The candidate will be a professional with demonstrated success in nonprofit development, including donor and/or sales account relationship management in the nonprofit sector. The candidate must be comfortable and confident working with corporate client organizations, donors and the public.
- Minimum of 2 years in specific nonprofit work or client based sales position. Advanced degrees, specialized training, and a certification in development a plus.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Ability to perform physical work, including the ability to lift up to 25 lbs. unaided is required.
- Must provide own transportation and transport materials, etc., to outside meetings.
United Way of Westchester and Putnam is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants should send a resume and salary requirements to: Lynn Clifford, Vice President-Operations: firstname.lastname@example.org by October 31, 2020.