Reports to: Director of Community Impact
Location: White Plains
United Way of Westchester and Putnam empowers residents to be self-sufficient and thrive in a stronger community, by providing strategic resources and tools to marginalized populations in crisis. These include the 2-1-1 helpline, early literacy programming for preschoolers, job skills training and financial empowerment for adults, as well as access to health services. We partner with corporations, nonprofits, schools, and governments to further our impact by leveraging our collective strengths against the strongholds of poverty.
United Way is looking for a program intern to work within the Impact Department. This position requires the ability to travel throughout Westchester and Putnam County.
Program Intern Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate with corporate and nonprofit partners
- Track and inventory the products and the impact they have.
- Assist in outreach about our programs
- Identify potential new partners
- Identify communities that could be better served
- Identify potential new funding sources
- Develop new content /activities for our programs
- Assist in developing a marketing plan for a specific program
- Position may require working directly with clients in need of assistance
- Public administration/public policy, social work, or other related major, certificate or degree preferred
- Strong creative and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
- Driver’s License preferred, and access to reliable transportation (mileage reimbursement for work related travel).
- Work on a wide range of projects
- Receive guidance and feedback from successful professionals
- Flexible schedule for students
Cover letters and resumes should be sent to email@example.com.