Reports to: Chief Impact Officer
United Way of Westchester and Putnam empowers residents to be self-sufficient and thrive in a stronger community, by providing strategic resources and tools to marginalized populations in crisis. These include the 2-1-1 helpline, early literacy programming for preschoolers, job skills training and financial empowerment for adults, as well as access to health services. We partner with corporations, nonprofits, schools, and governments to further our impact by leveraging our collective strengths against the strongholds of poverty.
United Way is looking for a graphic design intern to assist with the will assist in the concept and design of various marketing materials that promote our Agenda for Change and maintain United Way’s brand standards. These include, but are not limited to: brochures, flyers, posters, signs, display boards, billboards, web pages, pledge forms, and other materials as needed. This position can be done virtually if the candidate has Adobe Creative Suite.
Graphic Design Intern Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and design print and digital materials
- Adhere to brand guidelines and complete projects according to deadline
- Retouch and manipulate images
- Use graphic design software and work with a wide variety of media
- Collaborate with the Chief Impact Officer to develop design concepts
- Receive feedback from the Chief Impact Officer and make necessary changes
- Assemble final presentation material for printing as needed
- Graphic Design major, certificate or degree preferred
- Basic knowledge of layouts, typography, line composition, color, and other graphic design fundamentals
- Experience with InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Strong creative and analytical skills
- Compelling portfolio of graphic design work
- Work on a wide range of graphic design projects
- Receive guidance and feedback from successful graphic design professionals
- Attend weekly meetings in-person or via Zoom
- Flexible schedule for students
- Stipend available
Contact Submit resume and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com.