- This event has passed.
Nonprofit Leadership Summit 2020
October 5, 2020 @ 11:30 am – 1:30 pm
United Way of Westchester and Putnam’s Nonprofit Leadership Summit 2020 will be held virtually Monday, October 5, through Friday, October 9 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Each day will have a 1:1 speed networking session followed by a keynote presentation and ending with a Q&A session. The event is $25 for a weeklong pass thanks to the generous underwriting of TD Bank. Continuing education credits and certificates of completion are available to those who attend all of the keynote presentations.
The goal of the Nonprofit Leadership Summit is to build professional excellence in the purpose-driven organizations of Westchester and Putnam counties. The theme for this year’s Summit is “Preparing for the success of tomorrow begins with embracing equity today.” Our goal is to encourage diversity, equity, and inclusion as core values throughout the operations, programs, and leadership of all organizations in the nonprofit sector.
The keynote speakers will speak on this theme through the lens of the nonprofit sector.
- Kicking off the Summit on Monday will be Marco Davis, President & CEO, Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute, former Deputy Director of the White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for Hispanics – who will discuss creating a more equitable social sector.
- On Tuesday, Sean Thomas-Breitfeld, co-director of the Building Movement Project and co-author of the Race to Lead Report, will address the nonprofit racial leadership gap.
- Kishshana Palmer, CFRE, a nonprofit consultant, coach, fundraiser, and author/blogger for “Secret Lives of Leaders”, will speak on Wednesday about promoting diversity in your marketing and fundraising efforts.
- Chitra Aiyar, a TED Speaker who is the former Executive Director of Sadie Nash Leadership Project and co-producer of “Claiming Our Voice“, will discuss cultivating space for marginalized populations.
- Closing out the week on Friday will be Richard Brown, Vice President of Philanthropy at American Express, who will talk about the importance of diversifying the current landscape of nonprofit leaders and transforming an organization’s capacity to attract, develop, and retain leadership talent.
The schedule of each day will be:
11:30 a.m. – 1:1 speed networking (5-minute intervals)
12:00 p.m. – Keynote
12:55 p.m. – Q&A
1:30 p.m. – Event Ends
The Summit attracts a diverse audience of professionals and volunteer leaders in the nonprofit sector – across disciplines, fields, and experience levels. Last year over 600 people from over 250 organizations attended the event.
Registration is now open below. If you have any problems, please contact Katie Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org or 914.997.6700, ext. 719.